Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Taiwan Dian Xin

Taiwan Dian Xin is a small cafe-like restaurant in Pluit Village. It offers Taiwan night street snacks, such as crispy chicken, popcorn chicken, crispy corn, fried sweet potato, fried mushrooms, bubble tea and others.. 
 Fried Sweet Potato Rp 16.000/ US$ 1.8

What makes Taiwan Dian Xin different from any other is that its flour is imported from Taiwan, and it has a really nice smell. It feels like it's made from natural herbs. The best dish I tried here is Popcorn Chicken, but I didn't take a picture last time. It's really nice-- so flavourful and the chicken inside is like so juicy..

The sweet potato is another striking dish. I had ever tried this in another place, but it doesn't taste as good as this. The sweet potato here is really really sweet, and they use plum powder which just combines nicely with the crispy sweet potato.

Crispy Chicken is one of the most famous snack in Taiwan itself. The one here is crispy, but because it has too much flour, not all of it fried to perfection. But I would say it really taste delicious, the chicken is quite thick.

I did not order any drinks though, but they gave free sample drink, and when I taste it it was really good, refreshing, and it just smells good. It was some sort of flavoured tea the drink that I tasted last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment